i’m a really good meat eater, but not great meat cooker.
due to where we’re currently living, with two electric hobs and one combination oven (more microwave than oven – it’s basically impossible to cook anything complicated), it’s pretty hard to cook up mouthwatering roasts or comforting pies.
however, after a past success with breaded chicken, i recently had a go with some pork chops with a side of roasted vegetables.
the following is very much a throw it together and see how it goes recipe.
pack of panko breadcrumbs
variety of preferred vegetables
– preheat your oven to around 180c
– chop your chosen vegetables and add to a baking tray or dish, sprinkling with your choice of seasoning and oil
– trim your meat (optional)
– set out 3 plates/bowls to hold your breading materials; spread some flour on one, the breadcrumbs on another, and gently beat the milk and egg together in the last
– heat up a frying pan with a small amount of oil
– put your chops in the flour and cover liberally
– cover them in the egg/milk mixture
– now roll them in the breadcrumbs
– lay them in the pan, turning after 4-5 minutes
– once they have some colour, put them on top of your vegetables and place in the oven for around 30 minutes
– remove from the oven, ensure the meat is cooked through, and enjoy with your vegetables!